Modutec is currently looking for a Supply Chain Manager to head up our stores and procurement team, this position would be based at our Hamriyah Free zone facility in Sharjah.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Compliance with and commitment to Modutec Policies and IMS System.
- Carry out any specific Emergency Response duties in accordance with the Modutec IMS System.
- Apply Modutec QHSE Procedures in their daily activities and report any non-conformances or suggested improvements to the Reporting Manager or the QHSE Department.
- Ensure full awareness of all aspects and procedures within the internal IMS System and subsequent updates
- Fully support all aspects of the Modutec Company Values at all times.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for:
- Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase packages in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services with suppliers and/or sub-contractors.
- Coordinate with various departments and suppliers in the purchasing scope of work for projects assigned.
- Prepare and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies, procedures and specifications.
- Maintain complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the ERP system.
- Monitor and co-ordinate deliveries off all items purchased to ensure that all items delivered to site/store on time.
- Handling and monitoring of claims to the factories/vendors/sub-contractors for defectiveness, shortage, missing parts or late deliveries.
- Support relevant departments with quotations for the purpose of tenders.
- Source for new parts, suppliers or sub-contracts when the need arises.
- Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of Rigfit7Seas and is within the remit of this post and / or Job Holders capabilities
- Arrange transport as per daily schedule (operation timesheet) for sites
- Arrange vehicles for material collection from suppliers & delivery to sites & client.
- Arrange freight forwarders for import & export shipments.
- Liaising with freight forwarders for ETD / ETA of the consignments
- Prepare export documentation like legalizing, COO from chamber of commerce& Arabic translation
- Documentation for customs clearing process.
- Manage company fleets and drivers
- Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of Modutec and is within the remit of this post and / or Job Holders capabilities.
- Degree preferred but not essential.
- Minimum 2 years ‘experience.
- Candidates must have good knowledge of Excel.
- Good communication skills and written English / Able to work well as part of a team.