We have an exciting opportunity for two project engineers to join the Modutec team. One to be located/based in our Blyth office to look after Marine & defence accommodation refurbishment and new build projects in Tee’s, Tyne & Blyth. Another project engineer will be based in or around the Falmouth area.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support head office by carrying out all required surveys within your area
- Support Estimation department with the pulling together of MTOs and material specification for tender purpose
- Develop and identify local supply chain for Tools, Consumables, logistics and Accommodation to support with projects in the area
- Develop and identify local sub contact labour to support with awarded projects
- Attend client meetings and tender follow ups for ongoing tenders
- Establishing close internal working relationships with the Project Team, Facility Managers, Facility Superintendents, QC Inspectors, Supervisors and Production Personnel to ensure that project objectives are being achieved and that cost effective and efficient engineering practice is being undertaken.
- Ensuring that the Operations team is kept appraised on any events that may have impact on the overall project delivery or completion date.
- Ensuring that the contractor and client’s quality requirements are met in relation to the performance of activities defined in the Scope of Work.
- Ensuring that Modutec and Client’s quality requirements are clearly understood, communicated and achieved.
- Assist the Project with the quality management, customer care, service performance, HSE implementation and staff development for all those under their control.
- Establishing close external relationship with client and liaising with the Client Engineer on all technical matters, providing specific technical authority and / or direction where appropriate.
- Responsible in conjunction with the Project Manager and Quality Department for identification of sub-contract activities, the award of the sub-contract and the control of sub-contractors.
- Identifying critical path components and ensure that long lead items are expedited and delivered so as not to impact on the overall project delivery schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring that through regular client interface & progress meetings, project targets are being achieved.
- Attend Work sites on a regular basis as required to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- During Tender Phase: Requirements for the eligibility of the bidders, input to the tender conditions, and preparation of tender and contract documents. Evaluation and analysis, and recommendation in regards to tenders.
- Continual monitoring of project schedules to ensure they are being maintained.
- Work with Project Managers and Senior Management to ensure sufficient and competent resource is available to deliver all designated trade specific activities.
- Manage workload priorities among Project Engineers to ensure all activity is completed in a timeous and efficient manner. Carry out any specific Emergency Response duties in accordance with the Modutec Emergency Response Manual.
- Apply MODUTEC Ltd QHSE Procedures in their daily activities and report any non-conformances or suggested improvements to Line Manager, Senior Management, and/or the QHSE Department.
- Ensure full awareness of all aspects and procedures within the Internal Management System and subsequent updates
- Fully support all aspects of the MODUTEC Ltd Company Values at all times.
Minimum Competency / Qualifications / Experience
Experience in a similar role is preferred. Engineering qualification and / or 5 years minimum documented experience as a project engineer in Accommodation/machine space Upgrade/new build of Cruise line, Marine, Defence, Rig, Offshore platform type of assets