Modutec are currently looking for an Estimator to join our team in Aberdeen. Remote working candidates will also be considered. The objective of the role will be to support in the overall delivery of the Group’s business objectives, whilst implementing departmental procedures in line with Company standards.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the receipt, control, preparation and estimating of all enquiries and invitation to tender, done in such a manner as to ensure an effective and timeous response to prospective clients. Whilst also being responsible for ensuring that accurate enquiry and tender records, and archiving systems, are maintained, ensuring that all information is readily retrievable.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the following:
- Turn-key Marine Vessel outfitting and new build tendering (Arch, HVAC, Piping & Elec)
- Turn-key Defence outfitting and new build tendering (Arch, HVAC, Piping & Elec)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establishing good working relationships with all managers and supervisors to ensure that information is readily available so that all enquiries and tenders can be responded to efficiently.
- Acting as a liaison between the company and client for the purpose of clarification of tenders/enquiries.
- The receipt, distribution and disposition of all enquiries and invitations to tender received by Rigfit Offshore including:
- Estimating the cost of all received enquiries /tenders received using established Excel spread-sheet models.
- Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of Modutec and is within the remit of this post and / or Job Holders capabilities.
- Compliance with and commitment to:
- MODUTEC Policies and Procedures
- MODUTEC Environmental Policy and Procedure
A Quantity Surveying qualification or equivalent estimating experience within engineering or fabrication is preferred / Experience of using and manipulating computer based estimating models / Experience in compiling and presenting tender responses.